Saturday, January 1, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Gratin

Having friends invite me over along with a request for a prepared dish is a blessing for me.  Since my favorite way to show love and/or affection is to feed people, and feed then well my creativity is awakened. This afternoon I am attending a game day.  That is NOT a day to watch a game being played by notable teams, viewed on television.  This game day is one where all the attendees are participants.  We have a variety of games to choose from and after working up an appetite in active play we will all eat the salads, casseroles, meats and desserts that we prepared  for  the event. I had a GIGANTIC spaghetti squash from my winter CSA  that had been staring at me for a while. This squash was way too big for my husband and I to consume on our own. In the back of my mind I knew I'd read about a spaghetti squash gratin. After searching around a bit online I found the recipe can be found on one of my favorite blogs chocolateandzucchini. Please use that link to get the full recipe. Clotilde prepares the spaghetti squash in a tasty way that could not be easier. I used pecans instead of walnuts, smoked gouda replaced the mozzerella which I grated, put in between the two layers of cooked squash, as well as on top, and I topped the gratin with sage leaves fried in butter (my new favorite taste sensation, discovered while cooking for a sick friend). I'm off to the game day now. I'm sure this gratin will get rave reviews from the hungry players.



No comments: