Friday, February 25, 2011

Random Thoughts of Sunshine

It's so nice to see the sunshine again, both outside and within.  I have been fighting to keep my head above water on many fronts lately. Today feels like a better day.  Cooking has taken a backseat to my emotions. However, I'm still loving grated dried orange peel.  I put some in my steelcut oats this morning, I kept it simple. Oats, butter and orange peel.  Very soothing.  I also have been cooking very simply, mostly because I have no mental energy and doing it at all because I need to eat. Yesterday morning I roasted cauliflower with olive oil and curry powder and made a flageolet salad.  I learned flageolets do not take as long to cook as other dried beans, making early morning cooking possible. I have been cooking on autopilot.  I will be preparing vegetarian Argentinian food for a send-off gathering for a friend moving to Argentina. Argentinian cuisine is very meat based,  so I have had to search far and wide for inspiration. I will attempt chimichurri, polenta and burned carrots with goat cheese, from epicurious.  I am hoping for more sunshine.     

No comments: