Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spiced Butter Glazed Carrots

Let me begin by saying that anything, I mean anything, glazed with butter tastes like heaven. This post is my first for French Fridays with Dorie, an online cooking group dedicated to preparing one recipe a week from Dorie Greenspan's Around My French Table. The following was what I jotted down immediately following eating Spiced Butter Glazed Carrots, Wednesday night. Oh and, by the way, the carrots were so good I forgot to photograph them. I apologize. Next time I will hold back from inhaling the food as soon as it hits the table.

I just finished licking the pan from the glazed carrots! Yum. After consuming a double portion, my confirmed cooked-carrot-hating husband asked me to pack what was left of the carrots for his lunch. He loved them. I used leftover turkey broth and served the carrots with Japanese brown rice and turkey vindaloo. The glaze was shiny and unctuous from the Irish butter. Fabulous. This is going to be fun.
Renee

8 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Excellent - can't wait to make them.

Steph said...

Welcome to FFwD! Glad the carrots were so good. My hubby doesn't liked cooked carrots either. Boy, it would be great if these work the same trick on him!

Kris' Kitchen said...

So nice to have another FFwD cyber friend. It is so much fun to try these new dishes. I look back over the past couple of month and it is all pure pleasure.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

I love carrots and can't wait to try this as well. Thanks for sharing!

Cher Rockwell said...

Welcome aboard.

I am so glad that December has the fifth Friday so that the carrots were able to make the crust. I love "vegetable-candy" :-)

Kathy said...

Welcome to FFWD. Sounds like these carrots are going to be a great side dish. Can't wait to try them.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the group!

The carrots are definitely next on my list.

Bibberche said...

Welcome to the group! I did not have the chance to take a photo of my chicken the previous week, so I can commiserate:)
I made the leek soup, but it wa a toss up with carrots. It's Dorie, it has to be great:)